Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Giants CB Prince Amukamara: ‘Some People Call Me The Black Tim Tebow’

Nebraska Alum: 'I Am A Virgin. I'm Not Ashamed To Say That'

Giants corner Prince Amukamara kneels on the field after defeating the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium on Feb. 5, 2012 in Indianapolis. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Giants corner Prince Amukamara kneels on the field after defeating
the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium on
Feb. 5, 2012 in Indianapolis. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
 
He was released by the Jets on April 29 and is now nothing more than an afterthought in New York.
But Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara is now being compared to Tebow, who was released by the Patriots on Aug. 31.
The comparison doesn’t have to do with their play on the field, but rather their actions off the field.
Big Blue’s first-round draft pick in 2011 told Muscle and Fitness that he never drinks alcohol, and is committed to staying celibate.
With that has come a nickname.
“Yeah, some people call me the black Tim Tebow,” the 24-year-old told the magazine. “I am a virgin. I’m not ashamed to say that.”
The Super Bowl XLVI champion is engaged, and he met his fiancee when he was out dancing at SL in the Meatpacking District – although it took some encouragement from his peers.
“(Teammates) Corey Webster and Aaron Ross made me go back,” Amukamara told Muscle and Fitness. ”They were like, ‘Go say something to her!’ And they were cheering me on. She thought we were all rowdy and drunk and she didn’t pay us any attention. Then, later, I was waiting for Ahmad (Bradshaw) and she came by and we struck up a conversation.
“I asked her for her email address because when someone asks for your number, it might be too personal and you might not want to give it. But if you ask for their email address, they’ll give it. I was right.”
Amukamara will likely imbibe for the first time in the coming months.

Prince Amukamara (Photo by D Dipasupil/Getty Images for H.H. Brown Shoe Company)
Prince Amukamara (Photo by D Dipasupil/
Getty Images for H.H. Brown Shoe Company)
“I still haven’t had a drink,” the Nebraska alum said. “I told my fiance that I’ll probably take my first drink at my bachelor party. I grew up Catholic, so it just started out as one of those things. I’d think, ‘If I do this, maybe I can get to heaven,’ so I said no drinks, no sex, all the big things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment